Primers Depending on the use of the function, the anti-rust paint, the sealing primer, the primer, etc., can be subdivided. No matter what type of primer is helpful in improving the coating adhesion and shielding the unfavorable coating factors , And also improve the overall coating system of the decorative and the length of life, today Xiaobian mainly about the major epoxy primer composition in the composition, the use of comparison. Primer function brief introduction:
1, to improve the adhesion of the substrate, such as galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum and other poor adhesion of the surface, in addition to the use of the corresponding surface treatment (phosphating, chrome, etc.), should also be used Primer, strengthens adhesion.
2, to improve the surface properties of the substrate, such as the wall of the ground alkaline large, porous, alkali-resistant primer, you can get an easy coating of the grass, and play a role in isolation of alkaline, closed substrate.
3, anti-corrosion rust. Steel structure, such as primer added iron red, red Dan, cloud iron, zinc powder rust-proof paint, with excellent anti-corrosion effect.
4, to increase the thickness of the coating, fullness, access to good freshness, more full of surface decoration effect. For example, the primer can be polished, and after grinding, a rough, easy-to-paint surface is obtained.
5, to extend the use of the entire coating period. Epoxy primer commonly used in the electrochemical rust-proof pigment-based epoxy zinc-rich primer, and to corrosion, shielded anti-rust paint-based epoxy iron red primer, zinc phosphate primer , Epoxy light gray primer, epoxy zinc primer and so on. Differences in coating range:
(1) epoxy zinc-rich primer Substrate processing requirements are relatively high, usually sandblasting Sa2.5 level, or power rust to St3 level, surface roughness 50-70μm The Because of its high zinc content, in the smooth surface attachment ability is poor, and zinc powder must be in direct contact with steel in order to play the role of electrochemical corrosion. Mainly used as the atmospheric environment, industrial corrosion environment, moisture, salt spray environment under the use of steel anti-corrosion primer.
(2) epoxy iron red primer, epoxy zinc phosphate primer, epoxy red Dan primer is also used for steel rust-proof primer varieties, surface treatment can be appropriate to reduce the requirements, while the overall performance of the coating Smaller. Red lead primer for low surface treatment of steel has good adhesion, but its toxicity is greater, less use.
(3) Epoxy light gray, white primer, can be used as both anti-rust paint and also used as other substrate primers, such as FRP, also used as a high brightness finish, Can be used as underwater steel corrosion-resistant primer used.
(4) Epoxy zinc yellow primer, mainly used as a high adhesion primer for galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy surface.
(5) epoxy seal primer, mainly as a cement surface, concrete surface of the closed primer used, excellent alkali resistance. Another use of epoxy-encapsulated primers is the use of a closed primer as a zinc powder primer.